Well we haven't done one of these for a while so thought we'd better buck our ideas up and get blogging again :)
Update on the business is that we are currently in limbo. The news is as follows.....
Our investor tried to put in an offer, but the estate agent didn't return their call. Someone else has made an offer on the property and our advice now is to 'sit it out and see what happens', well fat lot of good that is doing us! We just wish they had understood the importance of the place in Dolgellau as it was in a fantastic location and had huge potential in the tourism market. We sat on our laurels a bit and let them call the shots when what we should have done is shown a bit of initiative. That way our offer would have been withdrawn sooner and they may have had their offer looked at prior to the new bids. We think they made a mistake in asking us to keep our offer in for so long, but seeing as they are 'in the business' and we are just small fry we assumed they were making the right decision. Our advice would be to never assume anything and go with your gut instinct.
So, we are back to trawling the 'for sale' pages here, there and everywhere in the hope that something equally as appealing shows up at the right price (would help if we knew what that price might be too!) and in the right location. The investor is still interested in the business idea so all is not lost and we have a few other properties in sight.
We know that they are not necessarily in a hurry to start the business but we certainly are, the sooner the better for us really, but of course we still have to ensure that it is a viable proposition. At least this time there will be no pussy footing about with offers if they are interested!
Wish us luck.